Interests

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Animals





Penguin
The penguin came from an ipad app I tried out. On one hand it came out really well and the app looked really slick - on the other hand the apps steps didn't really define the angles or locations of the folds in a definitive way. Maybe my past life as a draftsman makes me picky about that kind of thing , but I like the diagrams which are specific, allowing you to use geometry be accurate as you fold.

Crane
I guess the crane is probably the most classic origami model I've done. I used a diagram from the origami club for the one pictured above.


Giraffe
Giraffe













Mouse
Mouse

The book where i found the above mouse instructions, Genuine Origami: 43 Mathematically-Based Models, From Simple to Complex   listed it as simple - in fact its the first one in the book.... I guess its all relative but other models, even in the same book are easier.  But regardless it was a fun fold,  next time i'll have to use a realistic color.

The Giraffe above is also from the same book as is the squirrel below. 


Squirel
Squirel

No comments:

Post a Comment