Interests

Monday, April 11, 2011

Rehab transitions....Road Trip

The origami rehab project seems to be phasing out - that is, now that I'm able to go out and am attempting to return to my old routine, origami projects have lagged.

But reading has increased and road trips as well.

Yesterday we went on a great trip to the Green Mountain Spinnery. For those who visit from Ravelry no explanation is needed , but for the rest of you the Spinnery creates yarn and my wife is a consummate knitter. I love to drive, she loves to look for just the right yarn and hence we love trips to places like the Spinnery. I can usually read a chapter or two while we visit as well...

I wish I brought a camera because unlike any other yarn store we visit the Spinnery manufacture their yarn on site. In fact the store is tiny - the yarn making machinery takes up the bulk of the building. Did I mention I love old machinery lately? We didn't realize the Spinnery allowed visitor to tour the place or that they used old equipment so it was a great treat and surprise when we arrived and were shown each machine and given an explanation for it's purpose.

The Spinnerys web site has a nice virtual tour which includes all the steps involved in creating the yarn; the history about each machine is also nicely documented. perhaps next time we go I'll get images; till then enjoy their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment